I collect images of signs on the backs of trucks that indicate that the truck will go slightly wide when turning right. It hit MetaFilter today.
It was an interesting project for a number of reasons:
- We use the TypePad hosted weblog solution (2 separate accounts) to manage 20 High School teacher websites, 11 High School Sport Sites, 20 Elementary School Teacher Sites, and 6 Preschool Sites
- We publish the “Subscribe via My Yahoo!” button for each teacher site and really try to get parents to understand the advantages of RSS
- I created three separate training course (High School Administrators,High School Teachers, and Elementary/ Preschool teachers) and trainedover 80 people on the system
- I made great use of Advanced Templates to make site administrationeasy over time. For instance, I have one template drive the content foreach of the major subsites (i.e. one for the High School sports, onefor Elementary School teachers, etc.)
- The teachers are all really keeping their own sites up to date withthe normal assignments and classroom updates. Some are taking extrasteps in linking to further learning material with complex animations, adding images, and using their weblog as a tool for unveiling the learning as time goes by.
- Sport sites are able to keep everyone up to date with the most recent scores,
- Parish site is next