I’ve found that as time passes after training, the people who did not immediately start publishing need a spark. The 24-page, customized publishing manual is of little use to people who forgot their password.This short, breezy page helps people get re-engaged with their websites.
Here’s a quick sheet I put together to generate content ideas for a series of classroom Web sites.
Created the first email marketing system for Potbelly Sandwich Works, a fast-expanding, Chicago-based sandwich shop opening stores at a fast clip.
- Researched the email marketing software market
- Chose Lyris ListManager because of it’s easy-to-use admin interface, built-in statistics, and powerful audience segmentation features
- They use Lyris to manage their Inside Scoop newsletter and “Potbelly Pioneers” program to generate interest in new stores
- Also allows them the reach out to the “business card in a fish bowl” customers who signed up for a free lunch.
Created website for northern Indiana engineering and surveying firm.
- Client’s existing promotional video placed on homepage inside Flash
- News section based on TypePad, allowing client to easily update the site and leading to improved search engine optimization
- Trained client on how to update website
- Project included copywriting
Sourced, set up, and launched the Fabrile Gallery Webstore for retail glass art gallery based on Chicago’s Michigan Avenue.
- Met with client to determine needs, interest, skills, hardware, and software and researched leading e-commerce packages
- Site is completely based on the Yahoo! Merchant Solutions e-commerce platform, making it easy and inexpensive for client to learn and maintain the system
- Highly recommended if you want a non-technical person to maintain the store after launch
- Set up all product categories and populated the store database with products from client’s FileMaker Pro
- Created custom, easy-to-follow documentation and trained the client onsite until they were comfortable with the system
- Used the built-in weblog tools from Yahoo! Merchant Solutions to create an artist weblog for search engine optimization, including info on Fantasy figurine artist Amy Brown