Today on EveryBlock we launched local coupons and deals with Valpak and Groupon (Chicago only).
- Ported their news content management system over to TypePad to take advantage of RSS, community, and SEO features
- Easier to maintain, archive, and tag articles
- Newsletter fits perfectly into the existing brand and site architecture
Sourced, set up, and launched the Fabrile Gallery Webstore for retail glass art gallery based on Chicago’s Michigan Avenue.
- Met with client to determine needs, interest, skills, hardware, and software and researched leading e-commerce packages
- Site is completely based on the Yahoo! Merchant Solutions e-commerce platform, making it easy and inexpensive for client to learn and maintain the system
- Highly recommended if you want a non-technical person to maintain the store after launch
- Set up all product categories and populated the store database with products from client’s FileMaker Pro
- Created custom, easy-to-follow documentation and trained the client onsite until they were comfortable with the system
- Used the built-in weblog tools from Yahoo! Merchant Solutions to create an artist weblog for search engine optimization, including info on Fantasy figurine artist Amy Brown
Created the online application form for the City of Chicago Fire Department. Led the requirements gathering process, working with the City’s Human Resources, Fire, and technology departments.
- Based on BEA WebLogic and utilizes the City’s payment processing engine
- User-friendly form done completely in CSS
- Error checking for age requirements
- Composed most of the copy for the site